Membership Advisory Committee

I have been witholding judgement or comment on ICANN for a while now, but,
with the naming of the Membership Advisory Committee, I feel the time is
right to speak.

I was severely shocked to discover that the period during which expressions
of interest were sought from individuals, was just eleven days long. Why was
this?

I was further shocked to discover that the committee has been named, without
any background information on the members provided.

Who are these people, and why have they been selected for this committee?

Jack Gavigan
London, UK.