New Generic TLDs

Dear Sir - Madam,

> IANA Statement on New Generic TLDs
> [edited out]  no new generic TLDs will be established at
> this time. The process and criteria for adding domains will almost
> certainly fall within the responsibility of the new organization.
> Public comments may be sent to comments@iana.org.

We noted sites such as http://www.webemail.net/newdomains.htm,
offering reservation of top level domain names - is this in fact possible?
can such reservation be made safely? will IANA or any *official body*
enable us to do that? We're interested in TLDs such as .web and
.info - for example.

I thank you for any information you can offer us.

Bets wishes -

Rudy Nadler-Nir,
Content Manager
Iafrica.com Pty Ltd.

http://iafrica.com     Email: rudyn@metropolis.co.za
P O Box 44633, Claremont, Cape Town  7735
South Africa.
Tel: +27 21 683 7280 Fax: +27 21 683 7299

11,000 subscribers can't be wrong!
Subscribe to "THE MONDAY PHENOMENON"
iafrica.com's FREE email weekly newsletter!
http://iafrica.com/subscribe/tmp.htm