[Comment-Dnso] Request for reconsideration: inclusion of the Individuals' Constituency at the Berlin meeting

Members of the interim ICANN Board,

On your web page I now read the following discouraging phrase:

>"As the Initial Constituencies will not yet have been recognized, the
ICANN Board will not be considering any additional Constituencies at its
next meeting in Berlin."

As I am just in the process of preparing to fly from New Zealand to Berlin
in order to have the Individuals considered as a constituency in their own
right, I may be forgiven for urgently requesting you to reconsider this
unfortunate decision.

I feel that it is not right that the Individuals are disenfranchised at
this moment, just when ICANN prepares to give the DNSO its structure.

Strong arguments can be made that set the Individual Domain Name Owners
apart from either Business Interests or Non-Commercial organizations.
These arguments have been made by many, including now the Internet
Governance Committee of the ACM.
http://www.icann.org/comments-mail/comment-dnso/msg00022.html

Including a Constituency for Individual Domain Name holders now will
facilitate the formation of both the Business Interests constituency and
the non-commercial Domain name holders' constituency and help delineating
the different interests  more adequately.
Please reconsider.
I am no longer speaking on my own behalf, but on behalf of the individuals
who have already joined this constituency as co-founders.
Their  sentiments should convince you that there is a strongly felt need
for separate representation.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/