[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Registrar Accreditation Update
- To: Rik Thomas <rikt@IMPAQ.NET>
- Subject: Re: Registrar Accreditation Update
- From: jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:39:35 +0000
- CC: DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET, IFWP Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>, ICann Guidelines <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEGroup INC.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rik and all,
Yes this is setting a bad precedent. It would be useful if the ICANN would
practice what it seems to be preaching in this part of those guidelines,
such as opening up its board meetings and telling the truth. However
as history (Recent) has shown us this is unlikely.
Rik Thomas wrote:
> I personally don't like the part:
> "ICANN wishes to conduct registrar accreditation in as open and transparent
> a manner as feasible. To that end, ICANN will be free to disclose and use
> information submitted in connection with an application in any manner and
> to anyone it deems appropriate. "
> Then again, some folks are going to be forced to finally tell the truth as
> well... :)
> Errr, well hopefully.
> At 08:25 PM 3/11/99 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
> >Would any list members so inclined be willing to publicly indicate their
> >to file applications?
> >Curious as to which participants feel they meet the guidelines.
> >On 12-Mar-99 Molly Shaffer Van Houweling wrote:
> >> New domain name registrar accreditation information (including the
> >> application for accreditation to become a registrar in the .com, .net, and
> >> .org domains) has been posted at:
> >> http://www.icann.org/accredit.html
> >> --
> >> DOMAIN-POLICY administrivia should be sent to
> >> To unsubscribe send a message with only one line "SIGNOFF DOMAIN-POLICY"
> >> For more help regarding Listserv commands send the one line "HELP"
> >E-Mail: William X. Walsh <email@example.com>
> >Date: 11-Mar-99
> >Time: 20:23:47
> >"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
> >of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
> >- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208