Re: [IFWP] Re: [bwg-n-friends] Re: Bay Area meeting with Esther

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On 19-Mar-99 jeff Williams wrote:
> >  William and all,
> >
> >  William X. Walsh wrote:

> > > I couldn't agree more with you here Gordan.  Someone needs to challenge the
> > > legality of this process, and I think ICANN and the process will be the
> > > better
> > > for it.  It may end up being a good vehicle for forcing concessions from
> > > the
> > > USG/ICANN to make this process more open and representative.
> >
> >    It is true that Chris Ambler  and Jay Fenello for that matter have good
> >  potential cases.  In IOD's situation they already have two strikes against
> >  them.  ON being the already known one in respect to the gTLD-MoU
> >  court action, the other being that Chris is going to have a personal
> >  creditability problem under cross, and likely in discovery as well
> >  as other potential areas with other potential witnesses as well...
>
> I don't see any such problems, Jeff.  That case has been misquoted on this
> forum by those of gTLD-MoU leaning (mainly k*nt and dave).

  Indeed this is true.  But it could be made to LOOK differently in a court
of law.  Couple that with the fact that Chris dropped his case, will weigh
to some unknown degree on the judges mind, should Chris and IOD,
decides to revisit this matter in court.  BTW, I doubt that they will.  Also,
BTW, I offered to Chris at one point some very good legal assistance
from our corp attny's and my personal Atty as well..  Chris never,
curiously responded.  Rather he felt that his, shall we say, somewhat limited
legal talent would be more than sufficient.  However as we now of course
know, some change of attitude prevailed.....

> I've read it, and I
> see very little applicability and very little to support the claims of the
> gTLD-MoU crowds' argument of what they though it meant.

  Agreed.

> >    Now a joint class action suit would be a somewhat different matter...
> >

> > > I think IODesign is a much more credible plaintiff than PGMedia, having
> > > committed to restraining themselves to a single gTLD.
> >
> >    As has already been pointed out, the number of gTLD's is not really
> >  relevant to the point of the creditability of the plaintiff....
>
> No, you said that. That doesn't make it true Jeff.

  Not just myself said this WIlliam.  Again you are making an assumption
that is not in evidence, with respect to this situation and your comment here.
For purposes of enlightening you WIlliam, I will now inform you that
many legal people that I have direct contact with have looked into this matter
at my request, and on my nickel, and this is their collective general opinion
as well.  A few of them are quite well known Atty's, and one has NEVER
lost a case for his clients to date in about 30 yrs...

> And I really do think that
> it does.  And I think others more learned in this area of law than me or you
> (despite your proven false claim of a law degree from SMU) will agree.

  See my above comment to this less than factual comment.

> > Other ad hominan attacking language deleated....
>
> Nothing ad hominan about it Jeff.....Just doesn't fit with your position vis a
> vis PGMedia, which is a very curious think to explore.......

" think to explore"?  What does that mean WIlliam???  I am not familiar
with you sentence construction process here.  Please enlighten us
here!!  My position is no secret no should it seem strange, as I am
a strong believe in free enterprise and the global economic revolution
system that we have all been experiencing and have the ability to
participate in...  The more participation the better I say!  >;)  It is plain
that the ICANN is looking forward to providing its cronies all the ability
to participate, without having near the competition it would have
normally....