[Comment-Ip] WIPO Recommendations - defer to DNSO and Elected Board

The Center for Global Communications (GLOCOM), International University
of Japan, asks that the ICANN Interim Board defer any decisions
regarding the adoption of recommendations of the WIPO Final Report and
refer it to the Domain Name Supporting Organization and Elected Board.

GLOCOM supports the "PETITION TO ICANN AND THE US DEPT OF COMMERCE" at
URL
<http://www.icann.org/comments-mail/comment-ip/msg00020.html>

In addition we note that three people from the Asia Pacific region who
participated as members of the WIPO Panel of Experts have signed the
above petition and two have publicly expressed concerns over the way in
which meetings were organized, particularly how difficult it was for
them to participate fully.  WIPO was asked to convene a process that was
transparent and included representation from the Internet community.  We
are concerned that some Asia Pacific representatives may not have been
able to participate as fully as they should.

We are not asking the ICANN Interim Broad to ignore WIPO's
recommendations.  On the contrary, we hope you and other experts
gathering in Berlin will discuss WIPO's work and leave substantive
comments and analysis for the benefit of the Domain Name Supporting
Organization and Elected Board.

Yours sincerely,

Adam Peake
<http://www.glocom.ac.jp>