RE: Bill Semich's " A Critique of NSI's goTLD Constituency Plan" and a comment on small ccTLD's and a trip to Berlin

Gents,
This is my first comment on these discussions. I support Peter's position below. I am concerned the smaller countries may lose control of the policy governing their own TLD registries which are starting to generate intended to cross subsidise rural telephone services to the remote islands in the country.

In regard to proxy voting,  I cannot responsibly delegate an open proxy to anyone. I would need to know the issue(s) beforehand.

In regard to the overall plan to select a small group of ccTLD members to represent the larger ccTLD community to the DNSO. Unless decisions to change current policy, or develop new policy, are unanimous amongst the wider ccTLD community then I foresee clashes of interest within the group.  Here in Vanuatu we have entered into business opportunities based on the existing RFC1591, changes to those guidelines may negatively impact those opportunities, an issue which worries me greatly.

Does anyone share my view ?
Regards,
Chris Bull
Manager Technical Services