Re: [ga] Petition for Reconsideration before ICANN

At 10:26 PM 16/08/1999 -0400, KathrynKL@aol.com wrote:

>If you agree with the letter, please join us, as individuals or as the GA,
in
>writing to ICANN.  The website for the WG-A Report to ICANN now on public
>notice is http://www.icann.org/santiago/udrp.htm.  The email for comments is
>comment-udrp@icann.org.

Hi Kathy,

I agree with the implied observation the the WG-A report was a railroad job
(according to Jonathan Cohen, it was a "schedule from hell" that had to be
met).
As such I endorse the substantive part of your letter to the Board.

You speak about the incomplete DNSO, but why did you no longer make mention
of the Individual DN owners, who have been even more ignored that the ncdnhc?

In Berlin you were of the opinion that the Individuals needed their own
constituency in the DNSO.
I even quoted your argumentation to try to persuade the Board to recognize us.

Does it not bother you that individuals have even less defenses against
unscrupulous TM owners or their  law firms  than non-commercial
organizations?

Mentioning that the DNSO is currently doubly defective would only have
strengthened your argument.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org