Re: [wg-b] technical charter, no broader authority

"Our charter is essentially technical and limited to a very focused area."
> ......... Esther Dyson, Interim Chair, ICANN, October 4, 1999 (quote in
Tele.com)

You take this to be about consumer fraud?  I see ...

FYI, Mike was replying to my message about protecting domain name-owning
consumers from abusive domain name registration agreements.

In suggesting that "ICANN has neither the authority nor the resources to be a
consumer protection agency, and in any event there are existing protections for
abuses of this type such as better business bureaus, trade commissions, etc in
most of the countries in which domain name activity is present", Mike made his
view clear, that the domain name seizure policies are overly burdensome or even
abusive to consumers who are domain name registrants.

Judith