ICANN's Dispute Resolution Procedure Policy

Dear Mr Evans

Thank you for your comments, posted on the ICANN UDRP comments archive.

I am a South African lawyer, currently under instructions to obtain
exclusive use of a domain name, which appears to have been registered by a
so-called "cybersquatter", for a large SA corporate, which has had its
trademarks registered in South Africa some time ago. I am not at liberty to
disclose the name of the corporate at present.

As the domain name under discussion was registered in the .com gTLD, I
assume the domain name to fall under ICANN's authority.

I have two questions which I am not able to find an answer to:
*	What is the present dispute resolution policy under which a person
may lodge a complaint?
*	Is the UDRP currently under discussion intended to have
retrospective power (i.e., will it have jurisdiction over a domain name
registered prior to the anticipated final adoption of the presently-mooted
UDRP)?

I sent an email enclosing the second question to the comments archive for
posting, but it has not been reflected. I notice another person complains of
not having his/her comments posted. Is there a filtering process for
comments?

Many thanks for your attention,
RYK MEIRING
Professional Assistant: IT and E-Commerce Law Department
HOFMEYR HERBSTEIN GIHWALA CLUVER & WALKER INC
(Reg No 97/01523/15)
Physical Address
6 Sandown Valley Crescent  SANDOWN  Sandton  2196  South Africa
Postal Address
Private Bag x40  BENMORE  2010
Direct Line  286-1343   International  27 11 286-1343
Direct Telefax 286-1266  International +27 11 286-1266
Email ryk@hofmeyr.co.za
Internet  http://www.hofmeyr.co.za

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential, and may be
privileged. They may only be read, used and copied by the named
recipients(s). If you have received it in error, you are not permitted to
and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part
of it, and are requested to please contact the sender immediately by return
email, or by telephoning +27-11-2861343.