Domain Name Squatters, NYT Article

Dear ICANN,

I applaud ICANN's effort to put some sort of constraints on domain name
cybersquatters.

However, I also agree with Michael Froomkin's warning via a New York Times
article (World Body Proposes Outlawing 'Cybersquatting' on Internet
Addresses By JERI CLAUSING,
http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/05/cyber/articles/01domain.html ),
that there has to be a balance, whereby everyday citizens must not come
under attack for legitimately secured names by corporations and the rich and
famous.  In my opinion this would fly in the face of principles the Internet
was founded and based upon (i.e. the great global equalizer).

This being said, I am attaching a blatant example of just how out of control
the buying and selling of domain names is, and would like to see ICANN put a
muzzle on this sort of activity.

Keep up the good work, and thanks.

Jim Rapp

James B. Rapp
CyberStrategies
InfoCker@nospam.worldnet.att.net(remove nospam.)
Alexandria, Virginia USA   (703) 836-1501
Austin, Texas USA          (512) 339-9135
http://home.att.net/~cyberstrategies/Index.htm
Author of "Electronic Commerce: A Washington Perspective,"
"Governance and The Proliferation of International Electronic Markets."
Also see on CMPnet, "Last Mile Shootout,"
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19981118S0010;
"The Austin Miracle,"
<http://www.techweb.com/news/story/TWB19980206S0007>and
"A High Tech Career Of Her own."
<http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19980422S0017>

Domain Names For Sale or Lease
http://www.netincome.com/
Please send all inquiries to: chernoff@netincome.com
All prices are in US dollars and subject to change without notice.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

~ A ~

Domain Name             Monthly
             Lease Price Purchase Price Aftermath.com LEASED -
Aggregate.com $350. $35,000.
Aggregates.com $250. $25,000.
Amplifier.com $100. $10,000.
Anglers.com $150. $15,000.