RE: SPAM from NSI (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 02:46:26 -0400
From: carlo ayars <carlo@tcw.net>
To: list@inet-access.net
Subject: RE: SPAM from NSI

We got it too. I like the last paragraph:

---
Thank you for being a Network Solutions customer. We look forward
to serving your future domain name needs.
---

Funny thing is that I never considered myself to be a NS customer. I
considered myself to be using a government sponsored/appointed body acting
on it's behalf.

The thing that kills me about NS and all the new blurbs they have on whois
and whatnot is that they seem to think they "own" the data. If anything I
would say the US government owns the data since they awarded the contract to
NS. They could have pulled this from NS and used another company when the
current contract expired and I would assume if that happened NS would not
have any rights to the data.

Just my un-investigated 2 cents on the subject.

Carlo

BTW, aren't you worried about missing important info that "might" come from
NS by putting them in your SPAM filter? I've thought about redirecting it to
another mail box so it could be checked. Any thoughts?

-