Re: Network Solutions loses domain data (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:20:31 -0700
From: Dirk Harms-Merbitz <dirk@power.net>
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: Network Solutions loses domain data

Actually, if anybody has a reliable way of getting things done at InterNIC
I would like to hear about it.

I have about 300 domain names that have the wrong billing address. Called
and finally got to talk to a real person. He said they would to a global change
if I sent them the list. Did that. They even sent email back saying that
they had accomplished the global change. Imagine my surprise when the only
thing that changed in their database was the info for my handle, dh47. Arrgh.

This comedy of idiocy has been going on since January. Each iteration takes
two to three weeks. I'm this close to flying to InterNIC and politely sit
in front of their building until my customers needs are taken care of.

Dirk