[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: The Updated "Enrolled Organizations List" of NCDNHC from 7 .1. to 7.31.
- To: Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List <email@example.com>, DNSO GA <firstname.lastname@example.org>, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: The Updated "Enrolled Organizations List" of NCDNHC from 7 .1. to 7.31.
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 23:50:47 +0100
- CC: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, William Daley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com" <Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <LYR1799-4826-1999.08.05-01.01.00--Jwkckid1email@example.com>
Mark and all,
Thank you for you vote of confidence here. These issues amongst
a few others are some of the reasons that there needs to be
a closely defined distinction between NON-PROFIT and NON-COMMERCIAL
as it applies to NCDNHC membership.
Mark Perkins wrote:
> Totally disagree. The point about using the definition "Non-Commercial" was
> to eliminate those organisations whose purpose was to promote commercial
> sectors. There are many very wealthy non-profits out there whose sole
> function is to lobby & vote on behalf of commercial interests. This does not
> mean that they neccessarily remit money to owners, etc.
> As for organisations being challenged - I am glad someone is bothering, even
> if I do not always agree with the challenge.
> Mark Perkins
> Librarian (acting)
> Secretariat of the Pacific Community Library
> BP D5, 98848 Noumea Cedex
> New Caledonia, South Pacific
> Tel: 00 687 262000 Fax: 00 687 263818
> email: firstname.lastname@example.org / web: http://www.spc.org.nc
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric S Johnson [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: 04 August 1999 21:55
> To: Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List
> Subject: RE: The Updated "Enrolled Organizations List" of NCDNHC from
> 7.1. to 7.31.
> > I think we should equate non-commercial with not-for-profit.
> > As long as the organization does not remit money to its
> > owners, stockholders, or members, it should be considered
> > as non-commercial.
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: firstname.lastname@example.org
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1799I@lyris.isoc.org
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208