[Fwd: [IFWP] ICANN, NSI at Odds Again Over Names Council Makeup]

All,

  In general I must agree with Mr.  O'Shaunnessy comments contained
within
this article.  As I earlier posted, the ICANN did indeed make a decision

that is arbitrary and seemingly motivated by actions and discussions
that
took place at the ICANN Berlin meeting in this decision.  Also as there
is no
membership by which the ICANN (Initial?) And interim board is
accountable
to, such a decision is suspicious at best, and clearly does not reflect
any consensus as Mr.  O'Shaunnessy points out in his comments.

Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:

> http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article/0,1087,3_182211,00.html

> ----
>
> ICANN, NSI at Odds Again Over Names Council Makeup  August 13, 1999
>
> By Maura Ginty
> InternetNews.com Assistant Editor  Business News Archives
>
> The Internet Corp. for Assigned Names and Numbers' board of directors
this
> week cast a unanimous vote limiting the number of seats allocated to
> Network Solutions on the Domain Name Supporting Organization's Names
Council.

---- Begin included message ----
Martin and all,

---- End included message ----