Subject: What Vint Cerf and Esther Dyson Have Planned For the Net
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:45:00 EDT
From: TELECOM Digest Editor <ptownson@telecom-digest.org>
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom,alt.dcom.telecom,comp.dcom.telecom.tech

      This special mailing from TELECOM Digest is in the public
      domain. You are encouraged to share it with other mailing
      lists and newsgroups as appropriate. *Please do not spam*
      in the process of doing so, but it is your net after all,
      and netizens deserve to be kept informed, even if those
      who approach the vice-president of the United States saying
      they 'represent all users' don't want you knowing what
      they are doing or getting in the way.

Gordon Cook of Cook Report has kindly forwarded to me some email of
interest; email between Vint Cerf and others in the clique known as
ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
Internet Society, another tightly controlled clique, is a separate
organization, but essentially the same people control each, like two
peas in a pod, as the saying goes. Tomorrow, I have a bit more, and
the day after that, more also.  If/when/ever Cerf, Dyson and others
want to join us at user level to discuss the great giveaway of the
internet, I'll happily be quiet and give them the floor.

Rebuttals and responses of course will be quite welcome. My sincere
thanks to Mr. Cook for sharing his notes.

PAT