Press Scrutiny

Over the last several weeks, I have made a coordinate
effort to point out the extreme bias the press has
exhibited in their coverage of the ICANN fracas.

First, I revealed some exchanges that I had with a
reporter at News.com who admitted that the press was
coordinating their coverage, and how they were biasing
their stories to make them favorable to ICANN.

Then, I summarized four theories why the press may be
supporting this illegal and immoral takeover of the
Internet.

Subsequently, I highlighted the few news outlets who
were willing to publish the "untold" story about ICANN.
These include:
   http://www.searchz.com/Articles/0831994.shtml
   http://www.businessweek.com/1999/99_36/b3645101.htm
   http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/08/biztech/articles/30ican.html
   http://intellectualcapital.com/issues/issue280/item6052.asp
   http://www.rain.org/~openmind/icann.htm
   http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/5166/1.html

Unfortunately, for the most part, the vast majority
of media outlets are continuing their blackout.  [Is
it any wonder that the reach of Network News is about
half of what it used to be?]

But people are starting to ask questions.

And rightly so!

What follows is an exchange between an angry Netizen
(one that, as far as I know, has never been involved
in the debate before), and a large media outlet:

[The names have been removed to protect the private
nature of this exchange]