[Fwd: [Attention Becky Burr] to:Re: CORE registering name with bogus information]

---- Begin included message ----
Bill and all,

  Well it seems that you are correct Bill.  I think this is an ample
opportunity to see if the ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board has the stuff
to enforce their "Accreditation Policy" and "Registrar Agreement",
which I assume CORENIC singed.  My guess is that ICANN will NOT
enforce their "Accreditation Policy" and "Registrar Agreement" with
CORENIC for reasons that most of us are already familiar with.
But they will come up with some sort of excuse fro not doing so that
will at least SOUND creditable...

  This is also an opportunity for the NTIA to exercise it's "Oversight".
But again I wouldn't count on it.

Bill Gerrard wrote:

Hello,

I just stumbled across the following domain.  It appears CORENIC does not
require valid information when registering domains.  Also they don't have
any problem registering a domain without name servers:

Note the invalid contact telephone number and the absence of name servers.

Comments?

--

% whois -h whois.crsnic.net fucktheman.org

Whois Server Version 1.1

   Domain Name: FUCKTHEMAN.ORG
   Registrar: CORE INTERNETCOUNCIL OF REGISTRARS
   Whois Server: whois.corenic.net
   Referral URL: www.corenic.net
   Name Server: No nameserver

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 13 Sep 99 22:49:01 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

% whois -h whois.corenic.net fucktheman.org
Matt Grossmann (template COCO-6783)
   Matt Grossmann
   Story House, CMC
   742 N. Amherst Ave.
   Claremont, CA   91711   USA

   Domain Name: fucktheman.org

   Admin Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Matt Grossmann (COCO-6783) mattgrossmann@hotmail.com
      +1 555-555-5555

   CORE Registrar: CORE-28

   Record created:       1999-08-10 18:58:02 by CORE-28

   Domain servers in listed order:

   Database last updated on 1999-09-14 19:58:00

This whois service currently only reflects registrations
made through CORE as a registrar in the .com, .net and .org
top-level domains.

Contact Number:  972-447-1894

---- End included message ----