[Fwd: The central issue, was Re: Basket and eggs, was Re: ICANN and IBM]

---- Begin included message ----
Ed and all,

  Excellent points here Ed.  Yes, I also believe that a neutral evolution
of the Internet is not only possible, but will occur despite what IBM
ICANN, or any other entity chooses to see fit to attempt to impose.

  The direction and influence that John Patrick and IBM is seemingly
attempting to impose is dangerous.  The reasons are many, but it should
be fairly obvious...

  But we are engaged in the battle of ideas here.  It may very well
be that the wrong or unhealthy ideas may win the day for the short
to mid term.  But that damage as Jim Dixon once said can be
routed around.

---- End included message ----