Recommendation to Approve DOC-ICANN-NSI Agreement

To Whom It May Concern:

I am of the opinion that the interim board of ICANN should approve (as is)
the agreement reached today between the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC),
the Internet Corporation for the Assignment of Names and Number (ICANN),
and Network Solutions (NSI).

The agreement, I believe, is as near perfect for the Internet community as
is attainable.  The only qualms I have is that I believe that the $6.00
registry fee charged to registrars per domain name annually is
excessive.  And I believe that the agreement to give NSI the registry
function for .COM, .NET, and .ORG for 8 years (4 year with a possible 4
year extension) is excessive.

These not withstanding (both are remediable in the long term), I give a
full vote of confidence for todays agreements.

--Joseph Friedman