Parking domain names

Approximately six months ago I clicked on a button for "Free domain name
parking" and since that date Network Solutions have been asking us for
money and our preferred domain names are considered used, when they're
not.

Is this a common way of operating among domain name providers ?

I find this practice objectionable.

Have you had similar feed back on this topic and what is your stand ?

Does your organisation or any other organisation have a mandate to
suggest or impose good business practices ?

I believe such an organisation might be needed.

Béatrice Huret-Morton

bhmorton@cybercable.fr