company names

I heard the piece on ICann on NPR a few days ago.  It seem there's a dilemma
with large, well-known corporations wanting sole use of their name for their
websites.  While I understand the sentiment, it seems unfair that those
individuals or small businesses currently using these names should have to
surrender that right since they were fortunate enough to beat them to the
punch.  I would like to offer a possible solution to this problem:  why not
suggest (or demand if necessary) that the website currently using the name
have a link somewhere clearly visible upon entering the site, to the website
of the major corporation.  In other words, if Veronica (as was the case in
the article) is being used to access Archie comics (which seems a little
far-fetched to me, but then I'm not a fan), allow the family to keep the web
address but have a clearly visible link to 'www.archiecomics.com on the home
page.

I suggest this because I'm a little tired of big business running roughshod
over the rest of society and feel there has to be a better solution than
having your web address ripped out from under you simply because someone
wealthier and better known wants use of it.  If the judgement can be made by
ICann, maybe you should think of alternatives.  If not, you can at least
suggest them to the appropriate decision-makers.