Re: [Membership] Structure of 'at large' membership

> But this ends up creating hierarchies....  With addresses,
regionalization
> makes sense, reflecting routing patterns and the like, but I'm not sure
we
> want ICANN just to mimic geographical reality.

Equally, you may not want ICANN to ignore the operational success and
growth of structures which happen to be regionally deployed.  Any such
success has been achieved only with the buy-in of people who have a real
interest in the Internet.

As to hierarchies, maybe you have a point; but don't say it too loud, or
the DNS folk might take it amiss and think you would like revert to
something flat like we used to have in, say, BITnet/EARN ;-)

Regards.

Mike