Re: Competition; was Re: [Membership] ICANN: The Issue of Membership---

edyson@edventure.com (Esther Dyson) wrote:

>Excuse me. In every market I know where telecom has been privatized and
>rendered competitive, prices have gone down.  And generally, service has
>even improved!

I'd say with regards to telecom in the US, the jury is out on that
one.  However, not all of the problems are due to competition or
reduced government oversight per se; some of them are just a failure
of the technology to meet the requirements of its users.

--gregbo