Re: Competition; was Re: [Membership] ICANN: The Issue of Membership---

Greg Skinner a écrit:

> The only way that you can guarantee that you can realize the
> "value" of your name is if you are the registry, not just the domain
> name contact.  You have to be the person who can guarantee that when
> the name sodnow.trees is used, that it takes one to those network
> resources associated with sondow.trees.  In effect, you need to be
> able to guarantee that you can publish the "string" sondow.trees, not
> just the component 'sondow' that exists relative to 'trees'.

Shall we agree that it's a mutually beneficial contractual relationship,
then? And as in all contractual relationships, the two parties haven't the
same interests, which is why they need to have a contract defining the
relationship of their respective interests?