[Membership] Re: [IFWP] Re: list Re: The People's Republic of ICANN?

Diane and all,

Diane Cabell wrote:

> I'm still missing the link between a vote (or non-vote) and identification.
> How do you know who is casting the compulsory vote?  And if the voter lies
> about that, how will you prove otherwise.  (Questions I throw perhaps
> illogically under the title of "enforcement.")

  To protect against voter fraud, of which I believe you are referring to
here, there are several checks that can be performed online as well
as a part of a well designed registration process for membership,
which I and others have already detailed out pretty well.  You might
want to review those posts on the membership@icann.org archive.

> I can see where it might resolve problems of capture.  The idea of being
> obligated to vote in a campaign in which one has no interest might,
> however,  lead to sales of votes or indifferent voting which might be just
> as unauthentic as a captured election.  Interesting possibilities, though.
> Requires some thought.

  Any vote is subject to being bought, this cannot be absolutely eliminated
regardless of what prevention mechanisms might be put in place.