Re: [Membership] Re: Individual Memberships

Michael Sondow <msondow@iciiu.org> wrote:

>The guidelines for registrars are a good example of this: while
>determining the minimum requirements for new registrars, they
>deprive the small existing ones of the right to exist. Only the
>already big and wealthy can enter. Imagine where the Internet would
>be today if ten years ago an international law had been passed that
>all Internet software companies had to have a capitalization of a
>hundred thousand dollars. The web would not exist.

Since the registrars are performing services for the Internet at
large, not just their registrants, I think some criteria needs to be
established to give the Internet community confidence that they can
perform those services.  I think the insurance requirements are a good
idea, for example.

--gregbo