[Membership] Re: [IFWP] Re: A Model for Community & Global Governance

toml@communisphere.com wrote:

>I'm suggesting ICANN maintain a Certification process that accepts ICANN
>members~voters only from ISPs that provide a minimum quality of service.
>I'm suggesting that this include universal email accounts and access to
>a Community Service Tier. (This should be a near term standard with
>waivers based on economic hardship considered.)

Why should ISP quality of service have anything to do with who gets to
vote?  Why should netizens suffer because they have the bad fortune to
be hooked up with a poor ISP?  In US elections, voters have options
even if their local polling place does not meet some minimum quality
of service (whatever that might mean).  They can still mail in their
votes directly.

--gregbo