Re: [Membership] Fees for Organizations

Excuse me, but 1 percent of revenues is often equivalent to 10 percent of
profits. That is rather high....

Esther

At 11:00 AM 01/05/99 -0400, Michael Sondow wrote:
>Diane Cabell a écrit:
>>
>> Daniel Kaplan a ecrit:
>>
>> > However, I suddenly wonder: Why haven't we contemplated charging
>> >   organizations and not individuals? Is it a silly idea?
>> >
>> I would support this proposal.
>
>I propose they be charged 1% of their yearly operating budget, in
>the case of non-profits, and 1% of their yearly revenues, in the
>case of for-profits. That will not only pay for meeting and
>conferencing costs (which are going to be very high, since these are
>international
>organizations, and also serve to weed out those who aren't serious.
>But I still insist that fees for individuals is just as important.

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"