1) Name, country, profession, email address:
Name: Clement Dzidonu
Profession: Full Professor of Computer Science and Chairman, Dept of Computer
Science, Valley View University
e-mail address: email@example.com
2) Experience with At-Large organizing/At-Large Structures:
- Member of the NAIS – The NGO and Academic ICANN Study Group
- Carried out the Africa Regional NAIS Study and authored the Report
3) Involvement in ICANN issues relevant to individual Internet users:
- Been involved in the ICANN process since the 1998 INET meeting in Geneva.
Attended most ICANN meetings since the Yokohama meeting.
- Member of the At Large Membership Implementation Task Force (MITF) for
the Africa Region and for the International Organizations
- Was Co-Chair of the Local Organising Committee which Hosted the Accra 2002
4) Involvement in activities relating to the DNS and the Internet's infrastructure:
- Been involved in the Internet Scene in Africa since 1995 and been involved
in a number of outreached programmes relating to the development of the Internet,
ISOC and ICANN within the African continent.
5) Experience with group decision-making and consensus development:
- Have been involved in numerous group decision making activities in my academic
6) Demonstrated commitment to the goals and bylaws of ICANN and the ALAC:
- My involvement in the ICANN process since its incorporation and later the
At Large process from the very beginning.
7) Other relevant social, professional experience:
- Published a number of Journal and Newspaper articles about the Internet
and the ICANN process. Also authored a number of Technical and Briefing reports
in the area
- Been in the forefront of the development of the Internet in African Universities.
- Been involved in a number of ICT related projects and initiatives in Europe
and Africa. Currently a consultant to the United Nations Development Programme
(UNDP) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), advising
a number of African Governments on their National Information and Communications
Technology Policies and Plans. Also served as an ICT consultant to the African
Development Bank, and was part of the team which developed the NEPAD Short
Term ICT Plan.