Position Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Global Partnerships & Human Resources
PART A: POSITION PURPOSE
The key purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to both the Head of HR as well as the General Manager, Global Partnerships and her staff. In addition, the role holder will contribute to a variety of projects as determined from time to time by the Head of HR and the GM, Global Partnerships.
NB: Both the Head of HR and the GM, Global Partnerships share responsibility for this role equally. They shall be referred to in this document as the “GM’s”
PART B: KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Administrative Support 60%
- Outside Communications 20%
- Special Projects 20%
These KRA’s will form the basis of the performance plan which will be developed for the incumbent in the position and the main responsibilities are detailed below.
- Prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations as may be necessary, and recommend best design, layout and approach to meeting each specific need.
- Plan and manage meetings and events for the GM’s and their teams, including International events. Through coordination and oversight of multiple complex schedules, ensure timely arrangement of travel, facilities, materials, equipment, food and beverage, and also ensuring quality of all these elements, and location, are appropriate for each occasion.
- Plan and co-ordinate recruitment activities with candidates, agencies, line management, web advertisers and reference checkers.
- Proactively manage and screen incoming calls, emails and other inquiries to the GMs, and source the best answer to both ensure effective use of the GMs’ time and resources, and ensure an effective and timely response. Manage the office’s email boxes.
- Proactively support GMs while on travel, in particular in relation to external and internal office communications.
- Maintain events calendar and diaries for the GMs.
- Through direct inquiries to other Executives, external clients, direct reports to the GMs and other sources as needed, obtain information required which will inform the GMs’ decision making processes
- Greet candidates, visiting officials, guests and other staff, acting as the GMs’ personal Ambassador and first point of contact.
- Conduct routine administrative duties such as completion of expense reports, filing, data retrieval, liaison with equipment suppliers and service personnel, and various HR Reports as required.
- Maintain a schedule of key HR activities to review, such as the performance management program, remuneration processes, occupational health and safety activities and audits, evacuation drills, employee file audits, privacy and security audits of personnel files etc.
- Communicate information to ICANN constituency groups and stakeholders where directed.
- Maintain regular communication with the relevant ICANN Advisory Committees.
- Write letters, reports and responding emails from agreed drafts (where required) describing the ICANN position or operational requirements pertaining to the situation.
- Write letters and/or communicate verbally with members of the ICANN team
- Write announcements, Job adverts and text from outlines for posting on the ICANN or other appropriate web sites.
- Answer calls and emails from various stakeholders who have questions concerning various aspects of either Global Partnerships or Human Resources, referring difficult calls to the proper internal authority.
- Support the GMs’ as needed with all project administration, coordination and research and provision of information as may be defined by the GMs.
- Perform straightforward analysis. Create spreadsheets and charts, suitable for publication from financial or statistical data.
- Create Power Point presentations suitable for presentation from a supply outline and other materials.
PART C: SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College graduate or equivalent with at least 7 years of administrative experience supporting senior and executive level management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including writing style, telephone and personal greeting manner and approach. Must be able to present a firm but friendly and tactful demeanor to ensure best representation of the GM’S and his team, and effective management of time and resources.
- Must be well organized and experienced in use of all office systems and software, with a preference for skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Visio would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ICANN and its stakeholders would be an advantage.