May 25-27 Berlin Meeting Details
ICANN's Berlin meetings will be held at the Hotel Adlon in Berlin. For more information on the Hotel Adlon and other suggested hotels, click here.
May 25, 1999 -- Advisory Committees, DNSO Constituency Groups and DNSO General Assembly Meetings
Advisory Committees. The following ICANN committees will meet in Berlin on May 25:
- Governmental Advisory Committee (Ballsaal III, 09:00 - 18:00)
DNSO Constituency Groups. DNSO Constituency Groups. In order to facilitate organizational meetings for the seven self-organizing constituencies of the Domain Name Supporting Organization, ICANN has reserved a meeting room for each constituency at the Hotel Adlon during the morning of May 25, 1999. ICANN has been posting statements submitted by the various DNSO constituency formation efforts as they have been received. To review and comment on these statements, and for further details on the organizational meetings, see The DNSO Constituency Group Formation Process.
- Membership Advisory Committee (Berlinzimmer, 09:00 - 17:00)
DNSO General Assembly. In addition, the first meeting of the DNSO General Assembly will be held in the afternoon on May 25, 1999, 1:30 pm - 5:00, in the Hotel Adlon's Ballsaal I & II. As provided for in the ICANN bylaws, there will be a participation fee of DM 95 ($50 USD), to be collected in German DM in cash at the door. The participation fee is intended solely to fund the costs of DNSO-related meeting rooms, facilities, and webcasting services. This meeting will give participants in the various DNSO constiuency group meetings an opportunity to report on their respective morning meetings, and will give all DNSO General Assembly participants an opportunity to discuss the DNSO structure and possible next steps in the DNSO process.
May 26, 1999 -- ICANN Open Meeting
The ICANN Board of Directors will hold a day-long public meeting in Berlin. This meeting requires no preregistration and is open to all interested persons. For those unable to attend in person, remote participation in the meeting will also be possible via the Internet. The meeting agenda will include discussion of the following items that have been or will soon be posted for public comment at http://www.icann.org/berlin/drafts2.html:
The tentative agenda for the meeting is (posted May 5, 1999):
- Proposals for ICANN Supporting Organizations
- Preliminary recommendations of the ICANN Membership Advisory Committee
- Proposals for Domain Name Supporting Organization Constituency Groups
- The World Intellectual Property Organization's "Final Report of the WIPO Internet Domain Name Process"
- Preliminary recommendations of the ICANN Advisory Committee on Independent Review
- Proposed 1999-2000 ICANN budget
- Solitication of comments on the geographic diversity requirements for the ICANN Board of Directors
- Solicitation of comments on the definition of the DNSO registry Constituency Group
- Reports from the Chair and President
- Governmental Advisory Committee report
- Root Server System Advisory Committee report
- 1999-2000 ICANN budget report
- Report on status of registrar accreditation process
- Other reports TBD
- Discussion of supporting organization status
- Reports from DNSO constituency organizers
- Report from DNSO general assembly organizational meeting
- Discussion of any other pending SO applications
- Discussion of WIPO report items
- Discussion of ICANN Membership Structure
- Discussion of ICANN independent review policy
- Discussion of geographic diversity provisions of the ICANN bylaws
May 27, 1999 -- ICANN Board Meeting
The ICANN Board of Directors will meet to discuss and vote on any pending resolutions with regard to (tentative agenda posted May 5, 1999):
There will be a press conference at 10:00am at the Hotel Adlon. Journalists should send requests for accreditation to Aisling Heraughty (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax: +32 (2) 545-6610.