ICANN Meetings in Bucharest
24-28 June 2002
The preliminary report of the Board's 28 June 2002 meeting is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the Public Forum held on 26 June 2002 (.org presentations) is now available:
Output of the real-time captioning for the Public Forum held on 27 June 2002 is now available:
Output of the real-time captioning for the Public Forum held in the early-morning of 28 June 2002 (Whois issues) is now available:
Output of the real-time captioning for the Board meeting held on 28 June 2002 is now available.
Video of the Bucharest Meeting is available.
ICANN's next round of meetings will be held 24-28 June 2002, in Bucharest, Romania. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists.
The Host Committee has provided a local website with information regarding the area, the meeting and local hotels.
Details about the meetings will be posted on this page as they become available. Please check back often!
VISA AND VACCINATION INFORMATION
Visas: A passport (valid for at least nine months after your departure from Romania) is required to enter Romania. A visa may also be required. Please contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate Office of Romania for details and relevant forms.
If required, a letter of invitation may be obtained by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the following information:
Important notice: See Update to Advisory Concerning Changed Visa Requirements in Romania concerning this procedure.
If there is no Romanian Embassy/Consulate in your country, the local hosts will make arrangements for you to be able to get your visa on arrival at the airport in Bucharest. In this case please send the following information to email@example.com:
The above information should be sent before June 7th 2002. The fee on entry for the visa will be 25 USD.
For more detailed information about visa requirements, see the local host site.
The meeting will last from 24-28 June 2002. This sechedule was updated on 25 June 2002 and is subject to adjustment.
- ccTLD Constituency of DNSO (all day)
- Governmental Advisory Committee (all day)
- Orientation workshop for new attendees (08:30 to 09:30). DNSO Constituency meetings (throughout the day).
- Governmental Advisory Committee (all day).
- 08:00 - 11:00 - General assembly of the DNSO 14:00 - 17:00 - Names Council All day - Governmental Advisory Committee
- ICANN Public Forum (Output of the real-time captioning)
- 18:00 to ? - Reassignment of the .org Top-Level Domain.
- Bidders' Presentations
- Community Comment Period
- ICANN Public Forum (continued) (Output of the real-time captioning: Morning and Afternoon)
- 08:00 - 09:30 - Reports
09:30 - 10:00 - Budget for 2002-2003 Fiscal Year10:00 - 10:30 - Morning Break10:30 - 11:00 - Redemption Grace Period11:00 - 11:20 - New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force Report11:20 - 11:40 - Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Committee Report11:40 - 13:10 - Lunch Break13:10 - 13:40 - Governmental Advisory Committee Report 13:40 - 17:00 - ICANN Evolution and Reform (including Afternoon Break)17:00 - 17:45 - VGRS Proposal for Wait-Listing Service
- President's ReportRoot Server System Advisory CommitteeSecurity and Stability Advisory Committee At-Large Organizing CommitteeAddress Supporting OrganizationProtocol Supporting OrganizationDomain Name Supporting Organization
- ccTLD Constituency
- 17:45 - 18:45 - Open Microphone
- ICANN Public Forum (continued) (Output of the real-time captioning)
ICANN Board meeting (Output of the real-time captioning)
- 07:30 - 08:30 - Briefing on the Domain-Name Whois System
- 08:30 - 11:00 - First session11:00 - 11:30 - Break11:30 - 13:00 - Second session
- Recommendations of Reconsideration Committee (requests 02-2 and 02-3)Authorization to enter Memorandum of Understanding concerning the .mw (Malawi) ccTLDEvolution and reformBudget for the 2001-2002 Fiscal YearProposal for Redemption Grace PeriodVeriSign request for contract amendments concerning Wait-Listing ServiceRebates for .org application feesEstablishment of Executive Search CommitteeIDN Committee Final Report and Wrap-Up
- Thank-you resolutions
All meetings will be held at the Bucharest Marriott Grand Hotel.
The agenda items for the Public Forum and Board meetings will appear here as they become available.
Please check back often for changes to the agenda for the ICANN Public Forum and ICANN Board Meeting. Comments on the agenda should be sent to Andrew McLaughlin
SPONSORS AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community.
For the Bucharest meeting, sponsorship will provide support for many meeting functions and activities, such as: meeting space, coffee/tea breaks, evening receptions, international bandwidth, telephone services for secretariat, transportation from hotels to the meeting venue, simultaneous translation, gifts, luncheon for attendees, etc.
Sponsors will be acknowledged in conference documents, as well as on the host website. Designated space will be provided for Top, Second, and Third Level sponsors (see below) to distribute company materials. Since this meeting is not a tradeshow, an organization that is not a sponsor will not be permitted to distribute commercial materials in the meeting area itself outside of the designated space.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
Three Levels of Sponsorship are available:
REMOTE PARTICIPATION INFORMATION
ICANN is planning to webcast sections of the ICANN Meeting including the ICANN Public Forum, and the ICANN Board meeting. Click for details of the webcasts and remote participation opportunities for those unable to attend the meetings in person.
Pre-registration for the Bucharest meeting is now open. Click here to go to the pre-registration form.
While pre-registration is not required, the information will be used to prepare printed nametags. Pre-registration will also assure that you're kept up to date about logistical details as information becomes available. As an option, you may choose to be included on a public list of meeting attendees.
Members of the press should contact the ICANN General Counsel, John Jeffrey for assistance of any kind.