ICANN Meetings in Carthage
October 27-31 2003
Output of the real-time captioning for the ICANN Board Meeting 31 October 2003 is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the ICANN Board Organizational Meeting 31 October 2003 is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the Public Forum 30 October 2003 is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the Whois Workshop 29 October 2003 is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the GNSO Council's 29 October 2003 meeting is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the Press Conference held 31 October 2003 is now available.
Video of the Carthage Meeting is now available for viewing.
The third round of ICANN meetings in 2003 will be held 27-31 October in Carthage, Tunisia. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists.
The meetings will be hosted by the Tunisian Internet Agency, which is providing a local website that will give information regarding the area, the meeting, and local hotels. The meetings will be held at the Carthage Palace Hotel in historic Carthage, Tunisia.
Details about the meetings will be posted on this page as they become available. Please check back often!
Visas: Information concerning visa requirements and how you can obtain a letter of invitation can be found on the local host site.
The meeting will last from 27-31 October 2003. This following schedule will be filled in as additional details become available:
- Governmental Advisory Committee Arab & Africa Regions' Workshop (14:00 to 17:00)
- Governmental Advisory Committee Meeting (Working Groups) (08:00 - 13:00) (Carthage 2)
- Governmental Advisory Committee Meeting (Closed Session) (Plenary) (13:30 - 17:00) (Carthage 2)
- ccTLD Meeting (09:00 - 18:00) (Carthage 3)
- Governmental Advisory Committee Meeting (Open Session) (08:00 - 10:30) (Carthage 2)
- ISOC Workshop (09:00 - 19:00) (Carthage 10)
- Governmental Advisory Committee Meeting (Closed Session) (10:30 - 17:45) (Carthage 2)
- AFTLD GA (09:00 - 12:00) (Carthage 5)
- ccTLD Meeting (14:00 - 18:00) (Carthage 3)
- At-Large Workshop for the African Community (08:30 - 12:30) (Carthage 4)
- Public Discussion on Wildcard Service (Community sponsored - organizers from constituencies, ALAC) (13:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 7)
- At-Large Europe Organizing Meeting (17:00 - 18:30) (Carthage 4)
- Governmental Advisory Committee Meeting (Closed Session) (08:30 - 13:00/14:00 - 18:00) (Carthage 2)
- ccTLD Meeting (09:00 - 12:30) (Carthage 3)
- GNSO Constituency Meetings
- gTLD Constituency Meeting (09:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 4)
- Registrar Constituency Meeting (09:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 10)
- Noncommercial Constituency Meeting (09:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 5)
- Cross Constituency : Commercial and Business Users constituency, Internet Service and Connectivity Providers constituency, Intellectual Property Interests constituency (09:00 - 12:30/13:30 - 14:30) (Carthage 8)
- Commercial and Business Users Constituency (15:00 - 16:30) (Carthage 8)
- ISPCP Constituency Meeting (15:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 6)
- ccNSO Members Open Meeting (14:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 3)
- Whois Workshop (08:30 - 12:30) (Carthage 1)
- GNSO Council Meeting (14:00 - 17:00) (Carthage 1)
- At-Large Asia/Pacific Organizing Meeting (14:00 - 16:00) (Carthage 4)
- ALAC WSIS Workshop (16:00 - 18:30) (Carthage 8)
- Governmental Advisory Committee IPv6 Workshop (TBA)
- ccTLD Name Server Training Workshop (09:00 - 18:00) (Carthage 10)
- ICANN Public Forum (09:00 - 18:00)
- Opening Ceremony
- President and CEO's Report
- Advisory Committee Reports
- Governmental Advisory Committee Sharil Tarmizi
- Root-Server System Advisory Committee Suzanne Woolf
- Security and Stability Advisory Committee Steven Crocker Presentation (PPT)
- At-Large Advisory Committee Vittorio Bertola Presentation (PPT)
- WIPO II Advisory Group Jonathan Cohen
- Public Comments on CEO and Advisory Committee Reports
- Invitation to Next Meeting in Rome
- Morning Break
- Supporting Organization Reports
- Public Comments on Supporting Organization Reports
- ICANN Board Committee Reports
- Public Comments on Board Committee Reports
- Lunch Break
- ccTLD Community Presentation 1 (PDF) | Presentation 2 (PDF)
- GNSO Deletes
- New TLD Program Status Update
- Afternoon Break
- ICANN Website Re-design
- Public Comments on afternoon sessions
- Open Microphone
- ICANN Board Meeting (09:00)
- Proposed revisions to .info registry agreement to implement redemption grace period
- RegistryPro request to offer second level registrations
- gTLD registrar domain name deletion policy
- GNSO Council request to maintain three council seats per constituency
- Annual meeting items:
- Election of Board Chair & Vice-chair
- Election of Officers
- Board committee assignments
- Other business
ICANN Draft Website Booth (Carthage Palace Hotel Lobby)
All meetings will be held at the Carthage Palace Hotel. See the local site for more details concerning the venue.
Pre-registration for the meeting is now closed.
Upon arrival, participants should pick up their badges and meeting materials at the registration desk located in the main Foyer.
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community. Details will be posted as they become available.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
The meeting will be webcast live by RealMedia.
There will be an Internet Lounge. Wireless Internet connectivity (802.11b) will be available in the Internet Lounge and in the main meeting and public areas.
Members of the press should contact the ICANN General Counsel, John Jeffrey for assistance of any kind.