ICANN Meetings in Shanghai
28-31 October 2002
(pre-meeting activities 27 October 2002)
The preliminary report of the Board's 31 October 2002 meeting is now available.
Output of the real-time captioning for the Public Forum on 30 October 2002 meeting is now available:
Output of the real-time captioning for the Board's 31 October 2002 meeting is now available.
Video of the Shanghai Meeting is available for viewing.
ICANN's next round of meetings will be held 28-31 October 2002, in Shanghai, China. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists.
Various pre-meeting activities will be held in Shanghai on 27 October 2002. This web page gives information about the pre-meeting and meeting activities and arrangements.
The Host Committee has provided a local website with information regarding the area, the meeting, and local hotels.
Details about the meetings will be posted on this page as they become available. Please check back often!
VISA AND VACCINATION INFORMATION
Visas: A passport (valid for at least three months after your departure from China) is required to enter China. A visa may also be required. Please contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate Office of China for details and relevant forms.
If required, a letter of invitation may be obtained by sending a request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the following information:
For more detailed information about visa requirements, see the local host site.
The meeting will last from 28-31 October 2002. There will also be pre-meeting activities on 27 October 2002. This following tentative schedule is subject to adjustment. Updated 28 October 2002.
- Whois & Transfers Task Force (09:00 - 17:00)ccTLD Registries Constituency (all day)
- Governmental Advisory Committee (all day)
- Orientation workshop for new attendees (08:30 - 09:30) Briefing Session by Evolution and Reform Committee (10:30 - 12:30) (location to be announced) IPv6 Workshop (13:30 - 15:00)
IDN Workshop (15:30 - 18:00) (Katoh Presentation) DNSO Constituency meetings (throughout the day)
- AgendaThe Need for IPv6 in ChinaIntroduction to IP Addressing and IPv6 Deployment StatusIPv6 Standards Development Status
- IPv6 Developments in Japan
Governmental Advisory Committee (all day)
- ccTLD Registries Constituency (all day) Business Constituency (afternoon) gTLD Registries Constituency ISP Constituency (afternoon) Non-Commercial Constituency Registrars Constituency
- Intellectual Property Constituency (afternoon)
- Social Event (18:30 - 21:00)
- Briefing Session by Evolution and Reform Committee (08:30 - 10:30) (location to be announced)DSNO General Assembly
Public Discussion on Transfers of gTLD Domain Names (10:30 - 12:30) (in conjunction with DNSO General Assembly, Registrars Constituency, gTLD Registries Constituency, DNSO Transfers Task Force)Names Council (14:00 - 17:00) ccTLD Registries Constituency (all day) Governmental Advisory Committee (all day)Security and Stability Advisory Committee (20:00 - 21:00)
- Whois Task Force Update (08:30 - 09:15) Workshop on Deletion Policy (09:15 -09:45)
- Panel on the IANA's Zone-File Access Policy (09:45 - 10:30) (Touton Presentation)
- Reception (19:00 - 21:00)
- ICANN Public Forum
- Brief reports (exclusive of evolution and reform) (08:30 - 09:45)
LACNIC Regional Internet Registry (09:45 - 10:00)Break (10:00 - 10:30)ICANN Evolution & Reform (including additional reports of constituent bodies) (10:30 - 12:30)Lunch (12:30 -14:00)ICANN Evolution & Reform (continued) (14:00 - 16:30) Evaluation Plan for New TLDs (16:30 - 17:00)Open Microphone (17:00 - 18:00)
- President's ReportGAC ReportRoot Server System Advisory CommitteeSecurity and Stability Advisory CommitteeIDN CommitteeAddress Supporting OrganizationProtocol Supporting Organization
- Domain Name Supporting Organization
Various materials presented:
- Real-time captioning:
- ICANN Board meeting (beginning at 08:30)
- Agenda BashingEvolution and ReformInternationalized Domain NamesCEO SearchVeriSign Letter Regarding Resolution 02.100LACNIC ProclamationThanks to Local Hosts, etc.Any Other Business
- Real-time captioning
All meetings will be held at the Shanghai International Convention Centre.
See the local site for more details concerning the venue
SPONSORS AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community. Please see the Local Host's Website for details.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
WEBCAST AND REMOTE PARTICIPATION INFORMATION
The DNSO General Assembly, Public Discussion on Transfers of gTLD Domain Name, ICANN Public Forum, and ICANN Board meeting will be webcast by RealAudio. Click here to receive the feed.
Questions during the meeting may be sent to email@example.com.
To pre-register for the Shanghai meeting, click here.
While pre-registration is not required, the information will be used to prepare printed nametags. Pre-registration will also assure that you're kept up to date about logistical details as information becomes available.
Members of the press should contact the ICANN General Counsel, John Jeffrey for assistance of any kind.