Singapore Meeting Details
March 2, 1999, Committee Meetings
The following ICANN committees will meet in Singapore on March 2:
- Governmental Advisory Committee: Organizational meeting in MR 208 of the Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre. Open session from 17:00 - 18:00.
- DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee: Organizational meeting in MR 209 of the Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre. Open session from 13:00 - 14:00.
- Advisory Committee on Membership: Meeting in Pacific Ballroom 2 of the Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore. Open session from 10:00-16:00.
March 3, 1999, ICANN Open Meeting
ICANN will hold a public, day-long meeting in accordance with Article III, Section 3(b)(iii) of its bylaws at the Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre (SICEC), Suntec City, Downtown Singapore, in conjunction with APRICOT '99. The meeting, which will be held in conjunction with an APRICOT'99 plenary session, will begin at 9:00 in the second-floor auditorium.
This meeting is open to the public, but space is limited. Please register as soon as possible at http://www.apng.org/apricot99/apstar.html. Hotel information is available at http://www.camnetasia.com/apricot99/.
Remote participation in the meeting is also possible.
Please check our website frequently in advance of the meeting, even (or especially) if you cannot attend. We welcome your comments.
The meeting agenda includes discussion of several proposals which have been posted for public comment: domain Name Supporting Organization application proposals, draft registrar accreditation guidelines, a draft conflict of interest policy, and a draft reconsideration policy.
The full tentative agenda for the meeting is:
- Discussion of Domain Name Supporting Organization proposals
- Discussion of Shared Registration System testbed guidelines and related activities.
- Discussion of policies and procedures for internal reconsideration of ICANN actions under Article III, Section 4(a) of the ICANN bylaws.
- Discussion of ICANN conflict of interest policies.
- Report from Francis Gurry and discussion of WIPO recommendations regarding the Domain Name System.
- Advisory committee reports and discussion:
- Governmental Advisory Committee
- DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee
- Advisory Committee on Membership
- Report from the Berkman Center for Internet & Society and discussion of Berkman Center study of membership issues.
March 4, 1999, ICANN Board Meeting
The ICANN Board of Directors will meet to discuss and vote on any pending resolutions with regard to (tentative agenda):
- Supporting Organization applications
- Shared Registration System testbed guidelines
- Membership structure
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Reconsideration procedures
- Hiring and Administration