RE: [Membership] Structure of 'at large' membership

Esther wrote:

But this [regional constituencies] ends up creating hierarchies....  With
addresses, regionalization
makes sense, reflecting routing patterns and the like, but I'm not sure we
want ICANN just to mimic geographical reality.

RESPONSE:

	I agree with Esther, at least in this case.  To the fullest extent
possible, ICANN should avoid a geographic orientation for its structure and
operation.  We are, after all, creating an organization for cyberspace.  Why
borrow the problems and limitations of the physical world, if we can
possible avoid it?