RE: [Membership] MAC reports and models-New URLs

The application of a small "levy" per DN registration has certainly been
considered as a funding mechanism for ICANN. It has some obvious advantages.
I am not sure if payment of a levy, embedded in the registration fee
charged by the registrar, can be considered as a membership fee also. I
suspect membership might be something that needs to be applied for, in full
knowledge of the implications. I doubt if such a complication would be
welcome to registrars.
However, DN holders, having paid the levy, and applying for membership,
could be considered to have paid the membership fee.
Greg.