Re: [Membership] The People's Republic of ICANN?

Esther Dyson a écrit:

> Getting the public involved is, among other things, a job for our
> much-vilified "public-outreach" firm.

I hate to always take an adversarial position with you, Esther, but you
don't really believe that this PR firm is going to have any effect or
influence on the Internet community, do you? It may have some slight effect
on the general populace of the US, but the Internet community is more likely
to turn against ICANN if it finds PR-speak type communications lying around
here and there.

> It is also something that should
> happen semi-automatically when people campaign to be elected as AL directors.

Beg pardon? How's that? I really wonder what you see this campaigning to be.
What little there will be, since we're all in far-flung places, wil be on
the Internet. No one's going to go riding around town in a Cadillac kissing
babies and winning over mom and dad, you know. How is the election of AL
directors going to get users and others to join ICANN? I don't get it.