Re: [Membership] The People's Republic of ICANN?

i do not qualify for any of the categories of membership suggested, yet i use
the internet and believe i have a right to participate in democratic decision
making. probably i am in a very small minority of users. why exclude us? aren't
basic end users entitled to have a say in issues effecting how the technologies
we use are governed? admittedly this is somewhat revolutionary, and it should be
as it is clear that other models of governance/regulation that are removed from
popular participation (as the FCC in the US, example) develop eventually to
serve industry with few crumbs thrown to users, who are nevertheless paying for
the service. in fact, the technical creators historically are removed from
decisionmaking, ultimately limited to serving industry thru innovation. i
believe that those of you that have a technical/scientific interest would be
well advised to encourage inclusion of the masses, as they will probably support
openness and new creativity while business/industry interest usually is: control
in order to maximize profit.
furthermore how can you turn away from the possibility, even if it is REMOTE, of
encouraging the spread of participatory democracy?
rus postel