Re: [Membership] The People's Republic of ICANN?

not too good, but sometimes too busy, given the number of people we are
ultimately talking about.  *I* alone am not ICANN; it is a (growing)
collection of people, including staff, PR consultants....and of course
members.

I didn't say you have to raise funds, but I did say that as they campaign,
candidates will be encouraging members to take an interest in issues and be
more active as members.

Esther

At 03:37 PM 08/02/99 EST, BRPWIT@aol.com wrote:
>Esther:
>
>To us munchkins- this response typifies what is being said about certain
>individuals in responsible(?) positions.
>
>Are you on such an IVORY TOWER high that you need to have a PR firm deal with
>us individuals - too good to talk to me? Yes I am madder thAN hXXXX>
>
>Another comment that raises my hackles, IS the Campaigning issue - I am to
>raise fundes to compete against a rep from a majot player (microsoft, e-bay,
>hong kong, your company, etc) ?
>
>This is why I want issues defined before structure defined -
>Esther- come down off your Ivory Tower
>thank you
>steve witkin

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"