Re: [Membership] Could this actually be the horse? I.e. the answer?

> > ...it's hard to talk about what the exact mechanisms for
> > voting should be when you're still working out who can vote, whether the
> > voters are divided into classes, etc.
>
> Isn't the opposite true--that cumulative voting mechanisms
> such as STV solve the "class" issue "naturally,"

Not if classes are structured so as to elect distinct seats, such as in
ICANN, in which the general membership class gets to elect 9 directors,
and each SO (a class) gets to elect 3 separate directors.

And not if all the classes vote for the same set of seats -- the
allocation of votes to each class will influence the outcome.

		--karl--