Re: Individual Memberships (was Re: [Membership] The People'sRepublic of ICANN?

At 11:14 12/02/99 +0000, Dr Nii Quaynor wrote:

>>At 12:22 PM -0800 2/11/99, Daniel Kaplan wrote:
>>
>>>So my suggestion(s) is/are: No classes. Individuals and organizations can
>>>be members and get one vote each.
>>
>>Agreed. In one sense, it is not a big deal having both organizations
>>and individuals as members.
>>
><snip>
>>In the case of individual and organization memberships, the CEO can
>>join as an individual and vote as an individual, and the CEO can have
>>the organization join, then vote as the organization. Two votes.
>>
>>Could be perceived as being unfair. Offhand, I think I perceive it as
>>being unfair, so I rather like the individual memberships only. No
>>classes.
>>

>Would you consider having both individual and organizational memberships but
>only individuals can vote?
>
>Nii

Nii, Daniel and all,

I think we should encourage a structure that gets the maximum benefit from
the input of individuals.
If these individuals are leaders of organisations, so much the better.
Do they get more votes, no. Are their idea's listened to better, yes.

If they want to get more votes, all they need to do is to encourage their
members to become individual ICANN members.
Their votes remain free individual votes.

Joop Teernstra
terastra@imachination.com
http://www.imachination.com