RE: [Membership] James Fishkin proposes Internet Deliberative Council

An anonymous voting body can just as easily be replaced with a star chamber.
Given anonymity, who is to know if the voting body is a select group that
never changes.  Those who control the selection process could just as easily
"augment" the star group with truly random people in order to maintain the
appearance of a representative sample group while the "star" voters make the
decisions.

Sounds paranoid, but without checks and balances...  History is replete with
examples of the usurpation of democracy.

Tom Scott

	. . .