Application for Transfer of Registrar Accreditation
(This Application for Transfer of Registrar Accreditation is for use by currently accredited registrars desiring to transfer their accreditation to a new or different entity.)
I. Transfer Applications should be downloaded/printed, completely filled out, signed, have all necessary accompanying documents attached, and be sent to ICANN at the following address:
II. There is no transfer fee, provided that Registrar's accreditation fee account is paid up to date.
III. In order for the accreditation to be transferred, ICANN must approve the transfer application, send the transferee Registrar a new Registrar Accreditation Agreement, receive the new signed Agreement back from the transferee registrar, and receive the old surrendered Agreement back from the transferor registrar.
IV. Please complete the answer to each question in the space directly below the question. Be as specific as possible. Where the requested information is provided in an attachment, please state that this is the case and label each attachment. Do not skip any questions.
V. If you wish to have ICANN grant confidential treatment to any portion of this Registrar Accreditation Transfer Application, please attach a note to the front of this application indicating the portion(s) you wish to have treated confidentially. ICANN will contact you regarding its decision regarding confidential treatment of the designated materials. You have 3 days after receipt of such confirmation to accept ICANN's decision in writing (fax or email your decision to ICANN). If ICANN has denied confidential treatment, you may elect to go forward with the application without confidential treatment, or you may choose to have the application evaluated without the information (it will be redacted).
2. Type of entity (corporation, partnership, LLC, etc.).
3. Name, voice telephone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address of contact person for matters concerning this application.
4. Name, voice telephone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address of contact person for referral of any customer complaints ICANN receives regarding transferee's registrar services (after transfer of accreditation).
5. URL(s) of all World Wide Web site(s) involved in transferee's domain-name registration business.
6. Please list the name and position of all directors, officers, and shareholders of 5% or more of the transferee.
7. Please list all dba's ("doing business as" names), ta's ("trading as" names) and brand names that will be used by the transferee's registrar business.
8. Please briefly describe the transferee's business model or plan. What volume of registration of SLDs is the transferee planning to handle per month?
9. Please describe (briefly) the hardware, software, and Internet connections, including bandwidth, that will be used by the transferee.
10. What method(s) will the transferee use to accept orders for new registrations?
11. What method(s) will the transferee use, or plan to use, to accept renewals of registrations?
12. Please describe the method(s) the transferee will use for accepting customer requests for revision to information regarding their registrations.
13. On average, how long will it take the transferee to complete customer requests for changes to contact and billing information?
14. What customer support will the transferee have? (number of employees, full/part time, and type of support, such as phones, e-mail, fax)?
15. Please describe the transferee's proposed method(s) for retention of records relating to the registrar business, including a description of all records to be retained, the location at which they will be retained, and the form in which they will be retained. Please refer to Section 3.4 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing your response.
16. Please describe (generally) the electronic and physical security measures proposed to be implemented by the transferee.
17. How many employees (full time and part time, stated separately) will the transferee have dedicated to the registrar business? Please indicate the number of employees (full-time equivalents) in each area (i.e. customer service, programming, etc.).
18. What insurance company does the transferee use for its Commercial General Liability Insurance? What are the limits of coverage? (ICANN requires that you have a policy with US$500,000 limits.) PLEASE ATTACH A CURRENT INSURANCE CERTIFICATE.
19. Does the transferee have at least US$70,000 of available liquid capital? PLEASE ATTACH THE TRANSFEREE'S MOST RECENT BANK STATEMENT OR A LETTER FROM THE TRANSFEREE'S BANK CONFIRMING THAT THE TRANSFEREE HAS AT LEAST US$ 70,000 ON DEPOSIT OR IN A LINE OF CREDIT.
20. Please describe the steps the transferee will take to verify reasonable assurance of payment of the registration fee before activating domain registrations. In the response, please describe the form(s) of payment that will be accepted. Please refer to Section 3.7.3 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing the response.
21. For what duration(s) will the transferee accept initial registrations and renewal registrations? Please refer to Section 3.7.5 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing the response.
22. Please identify (by name or other designation to be used) every version of the registration (initial or renewal) agreement the transferee will enter with SLD holders in connection with their registrations. (For each version, provide the following information (#22a-22d). Please refer to Section 3.7.7 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing your response.)
23. Please fully describe the transferee's proposed procedure(s) for investigating notifications of inaccuracies in the contact information associated with SLD registrations sponsored in the registry by the transferee. Please refer to Section3.7.8, first sentence, of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing your response.
24. Please describe the transferee's procedure(s) for correcting inaccurate contact information associated with SLD registrations you sponsor in the registry. Please refer to Section 3.7.8 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement in preparing your response.
25. Please describe the method(s) the transferee will use in handling transfers of sponsorship (i.e. transfers of registrations between registrars), both as a gaining registrar and a losing registrar.
26. Does the transferee have any resellers? If so, please list all of them, providing for each of them a contact person name, telephone number, and email address, as well as the URL(s) of the reseller's web site(s). For each reseller, please describe the nature of the reseller's arrangement with the transferee, including in your description:
27. Has the transferee met all the obligations in its current Registrar Accreditation Agreement? Will the transferee be able to do so for the remaining term of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement?
28. Has the transferee ever submitted an accreditation application, renewal application or material accompanying an accreditation application or a renewal application that ICANN has found to contain a material misrepresentation, material inaccuracy, or materially misleading statement? If yes, then please explain the circumstances.
29. Indicate whether (i) any officer, (ii) any director, (iii) any manager, or (iv) any person or entity owning (or beneficially owning) five percent or more of the transferee entity:
ATTESTATION OF TRUTHFUL DISCLOSURE
By signing this application, the undersigned Transfer Applicant attests that the information contained in this application, and all supporting documents included with this transfer application, are true and accurate to the best of Transfer Applicant's knowledge. By signing this Transfer Application, the undersigned Transfer Applicant gives ICANN permission to contact third parties, investigate, request and obtain additional information and documentation, and otherwise verify the information contained in this Transfer Application. Transfer Applicant further waives liability on the part of any third parties who provide truthful, material, relevant information about Transfer Applicant as requested in this Transfer Application.
REQUEST TO TRANSFER ACCREDITATION
Pursuant to section 5.9 of the current Registrar Accreditation Agreement between ICANN and the undersigned registrar (transferor), registrar hereby requests ICANN's consent to transfer its accreditation to ____________________________________, the proposed transferee.
By signing this Request to Transfer Accreditation, the undersigned registrar acknowledges that in order for the transfer of accreditation to become effective, ICANN must approve the foregoing transfer application, send the new transferee registrar a new Registrar Accreditation Agreement, receive the new signed Agreement back from the new transferee registrar, and receive the old surrendered Agreement back from the transferor registrar. Unless and until that occurs, the current Registrar Accreditation Agreement between ICANN and the undersigned will remain in effect and the undersigned will continue to discharge all duties owed thereunder.
Comments concerning the layout, construction and functionality of this site
Page Updated 05-Feb-2002