Current State Analysis Questionnaire
This questionnaire is designed to help Registry Advantage determine the
best approach to migrating your existing registry into our environment.
Please answer as many questions as you can, and include as much information
as possible. A Registry Advantage technical representative will review
this questionnaire and follow up with you to develop a complete migration
plan. If you have any questions about this questionnaire, please contact
1. Is the registry infrastructure currently outsourced? If yes, please
give the name of the outsourcing organization.
2. Do you have direct access to your data, or is your data managed by
another party? If another party, will they be available to us for developing
the migration plan?
3. How are your name servers currently interfacing with the registration
data? How are you zone files generated and propagated?
4. How is your accounting system interfacing with the registration data?
What is your accounting system?
5. How is your WHOIS service interfacing with the registration data?
6. Do you require any data to be migrated other than accounting, registration,
whois, and name server data?
7. How is the data being stored? For each of the data sets (accounting,
registration, whois, name server, other), please indicate either RDBMS,
flat file, or other.
8. If the storage method is "other", please describe it.
9. If the storage method is "flat file", please provide the
file format. Can you provide copies of the files?
10. If the storage method is RDBMS, which RDBMS are you using? Can you
provide a copy of the schema or a schema diagram/document?
11. What is your current update volume? Query volume? DNS transaction
volume? How many domains are currently registered in your system?
12. What data do you currently provide through WHOIS? Are there any requirements
or restrictions for your WHOIS data?
13. Describe all mechanisms by which registrations are performed (e.g.
email, API, CGI, etc.)
14. Do you currently have registrars/resellers? If so, how do they perform
15. How do you currently handle customer support?
16. Do you support multilingual domain names currently? If so, describe
a) how the multilingual data is stored (ACE, UTF-8, etc.), b) how DNS
resolution is performed for these names, and c) which character sets you
17. Is there anything else you'd like us to know?
Thank you for your time and cooperation. This data will assist us in the
development of your customized migration plan. We will contact you as
soon as our analysis is complete to discuss the next steps in the planning
and execution process.