|DAVID A. PALMIERI
19 Evergreen Road
Summit, NJ 07901
| Experienced business and product
development executive with a strong technology background in telecommunications,
e-commerce, and the Internet. Proven record of building and leading successful
teams, negotiating major deals, managing strategic partnerships, and designing
and building world-class products in fast-paced and intensely competitive
||NEW YORK, NY
Managing Director of Product Development
- Lead product development for the retail division, which represents
approximately $100 million in annual sales.
- Currently redesigning and relaunching the company’s retail
web site (www.register.com) with a new look and feel, user interaction
design, and feature functionality.
- Designed and launched version 2.0 of WebSiteNOW!, Register.com’s
proprietary do-it-yourself site building tool creating a $2 million
/ year business.
- Launched new top level domain products on Register.com, including
.biz, .info, .us, and .name.
- Developed new business relationships to bring additional value added
products and services to Register.com, including Do-It-For-Me site building
services, digital certificates, search engine submission, and email
- Added cross-sell functionality resulting in 200% increase in sales
of email and site building services.
||NEW YORK, NY
Vice President of
- Key member of the senior management team of this CMGI-funded start-up
company targeting the $70 billion retail market for fine jewelry and
- General manager of the company’s web site with responsibility
for all aspects of the online customer experience as well as the company’s
- Rebuilt the company’s web site from the ground up in less than
90 days to improve speed, reliability, and user experience. Migrated
to new technology platform based on Microsoft Site Server Commerce Edition,
IIS, and SQL Server 7.0.
- Managed team of 17 including merchandisers, web producers, graphic
designers, programmers, and QA staff.
||BARNES & NOBLE.COM
||NEW YORK, NY
Director of Business
- Managed business development department with responsibility for approximately
50% of traffic and 25% of company revenue. Instrumental in growing sales
from zero to $150 million (1999) and in growing MediaMetrix reach from
unranked (8/97) to 4th most popular shopping site and 28th most popular
site overall (12/99).
- Identified and evaluated new business opportunities on a daily basis.
Initiated and negotiated major deals, including co-marketing, distribution,
and content licensing deals under a variety of innovative structures.
- Managed extensive e-commerce partnerships with over 250 companies,
including portals (Yahoo!, Excite, Lycos, MSN, Goto.com, WebTV), major
media companies (Time Warner, CNN, Disney, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox), content
sites (the New York Times, USA Today, ZD Net, Hearst, Conde Nast, ESPN
SportsZone, CBS SportsLine), commerce sites (iQVC, Blue Mountain Arts),
ISP’s (AT&T WorldNet, Earthlink, MindSpring, IBM.net), and
- Wrote business plans for and launched new lines of business, including
magazine stand (in partnership with eNews.com), software store (in partnership
with Intel), and Business Solutions, an industry leading business-to-business
e-commerce program for corporate intranets (in partnership with Arthur
Andersen and RoweCom).
- Grew Affiliate Network from zero member sites in August 1997 to over
100,000 member sites in January 1999. In 1998 alone, increased the number
of click-throughs, conversion rate, and daily sales by 500%.
- Established industry standard for Affiliate programs, now widely
imitated. Built innovations such as Affiliate.net extranet site, online
sales reporting, Account Executive team, and co-branding.
- Supervised team of 12 professionals in multi-layered organization
handling new business development and partner relations. Recruited and
trained 15 team members from both inside and outside the company.
Director of Product Development
- Created new Product Management department responsible for the feature
functionality, user interface design, and user experience of the bn.com
web site. Chosen by CEO to be the chief Product Manager for the company.
Recruited, trained, and managed team of 7 professionals.
- Designed and implemented Product Management process and methodology.
Translated business drivers (including strategy, customer research,
business units, and competition) into a strategic product plan, detailed
product specifications, and a phased release schedule for the site.
- Launched new sites for music, electronic greeting cards (eCards)
and digitally stored, print-on-demand posters. Created plans for new
Video/DVD store, eBook store, and state of the art personalization capabilities.
- Designed and launched several new features including paper gift certificates,
online order status checking, Express Checkout, and “bn.com On
the Go” for wireless access via Palm VII.
- Conducted focus group and in-store usability research. Redesigned
search pages, items pages, and checkout process resulting in a 25% improvement
in conversion rate.
- Consulted to clients in a variety of service and manufacturing industries
on the development of information systems, business process re-engineering,
and change management.
- Implemented distribution and logistics system for a leading consumer
products company resulting in reduced distribution costs and improved
- Designed plant-floor systems for a specialty manufacturer to support
just-in-time manufacturing. Resulted in reduced work-in-process, improved
quality, and greater efficiency.
- Developed online products for a financial services company to enable
access to real time portfolio information.
· Managed project teams of up to 10 professionals, supervising
both Andersen Consulting and client personnel. Responsible for setting
team goals, conducting performance appraisals, career mentoring, and
new-hire training. Managed projects using computer-based project management
- Supervised programming, unit and system testing, debugging, and implementation
of software systems using CASE tools and structured development methodologies.
- Experience with a wide variety of technical environments including
mainframe, minicomputer, client-server, and relational databases.
||Master of Business Administration
(MBA) with a concentration in marketing and entrepreneurship. Additional
course work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Co-wrote and
performed in the annual HBS musical. Active as Alumni Correspondent.
||FRANKLIN & MARSHALL COLLEGE
||Bachelor of Arts (BA), magna cum
laude, in Business Management. Top one percent of graduating class. Elected
General Manager of college’s student-run FM radio station. Senior
Editor of student newspaper.