29 St. Marks Place, Apt 1A, New York, NY 10003
Home: (212) 253-8259 • Mobile: (973) 441-3467 • Fax (253) 660-4239
Professional with extensive experience in M&A, finance/accounting,
and restructuring work. Experience has included immersion in varied industries
including aerospace, defense and commercial electronics, entertainment
retail/apparel, industrial, and Internet services. Developed network of
individuals in senior management positions in operations and finance.
|REGISTER.COM (NASDAQ: RCOM)
||11/2001 to Present
A $140 million provider of global domain name registration and other Internet
services. Maintains position as second largest provider of Internet branding
and domain name registration services.
Director of Finance, New York, NY
Responsible for evaluation and execution of mergers and acquisitions,
strategic investment, and related business development activities. Investment
targets include domestic, international, private and publicly traded companies
involved in domain name registration services, outsourced email services,
and web hosting services. Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Perform and co-ordinate due diligence procedures;
- Create and evaluate financial models; and
- Develop integration plans for acquisition targets.
- Managed acquisition process of Virtual Internet plc, a publicly-traded
(London Stock Exchange) provider of web-hosting, domain name registration,
and online brand management services. Company was acquired through cash
tender offer in February 2002.
|STELLEX TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (Operating
Company of Mentmore Holdings Corp.)
A $250 million manufacturer of commercial and defense RF electronics and
machined aerostructure components. Transferred to Stellex Technologies
on a full time basis in preparation for filing for Chapter 11 during September
Corporate Controller, New York, NY and Florham
Responsible for managing financial activities for the corporate office
and coordination of financial activities of nine operating subsidiaries.
Specific areas of responsibility included:
- Execute regular operational and financial reviews, annual
budgeting, and periodic reforecasting;
- Prepare sale document prospectus and coordinate due diligence
procedures and related information in Section 363 sale processes;
- Perform financial reporting to creditors, bankruptcy court,
SEC, and internal executive management; and
- Co-ordinate bankruptcy process including weekly liquidity
reporting, monthly reporting to U.S. Trustee, creditor claims review
process, and development of stand-alone reorganization plan.
- Assisted in securing $36 million Debtor-In-Possession financing
including the forecasting of cash flows, financial modeling, and contract
- Managed sale process of Electronics segment. Sale was completed
in February 2001 to Tyco Electronics and generated $131 million in proceeds.
- Developed plan for consolidation of corporate office functions
resulting in expected $2 million annual cost savings.
| MENTMORE HOLDINGS CORPORATION
|| 11/1998 - 8/2000
A private equity group with aggregate portfolio companies generating over
$1 billion in revenues. Investments primarily acquired through leveraged
buy-outs in industries including aerospace, defense electronics, commercial
electronics, wireless broadband equipment, sports & entertainment,
steel, textiles, and plastics.
Associate, New York, NY
Primary job responsibility focused on directing and controlling mergers
and acquisitions activities in private equity environment. Served in corporate
officer role for wholly-owned operating companies including M&A/due
diligence, operational review, internal and SEC reporting, liquidity review,
budgeting and strategy development.
- Lead due diligence and consummation of acquisition of aerospace
manufacturing and electronics communications components companies for
wholly-owned portfolio company.
- Evaluated investment opportunities for minority venture capital
investments (including eAdvertising, music content delivery, business-to-business
supply procurement marketplace, and wireless broadband).
- Performed SEC reporting for two portfolio companies including
filings on Forms 10-K, 8-K, & 10-Q. Companies included Stellex Technologies
($100 million of public debt) and CPT Holdings (Public equity securities).
- Performed modeling, market research, and prepared presentations
for bank syndicate in the execution of senior debt refinancing for two
portfolio companies ($27 million credit facility in 2/99, $235 million
credit facility in 4/99, and $20 million preferred equity placement
- Served as interim CFO for Stellex Aerostructures, $150 million
portfolio company, from January to July 2000 responsible for operational
review, liquidity, reporting, and preparation of investment prospectus.
| DELOITTE & TOUCHE LLP
||8/1992 – 11/1998
Manager, 1997-1998, Senior
Accountant, 1994-1997, Staff Accountant,
1992-1994 New York, NY
Responsible for the directing and controlling of five to six audit engagement
teams of two to eight staff accountants per engagement on an annual basis.
Delivered audit services and co-ordinated ancillary services primarily
for public companies including Ogden Corporation (diverse services conglomerate)
and Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation (retail/apparel). Specific areas of
- Coordinate large multi-national engagements including over
30 participating offices.
- Perform due diligence procedures for potential client acquisitions.
- Conduct attestation and other services for the preparation
and filing of Form S-1 for an Initial Public Offering.
- Review various SEC filings on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-1, S-3,
S-4, & S-8.
- Prepare comfort letters to underwriters in conjunction with
- Participate in initial roll-out of proprietary audit software.
Served on systems implementation projects including vendor selection.
- Manage engagements that generate annual revenues in excess
of $10 million.
- Instruct accounting, reporting, and software-related professional
development classes to staff accountants.
B.A. – Economics/Accounting, College of
the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA – 1992
Certified Public Accountant, State of New York
High Computer Literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and QuickBooks
Other Computer Literacy: ACL File Interrogation
and exposure to various ERP and G/L Software Systems