New York, NY
Director of Development, Registry Advantage
Responsible for software architecture and project management for
the Registry Advantage development team. Create software design
documents, schedule projects, develop testing plans, and mentor
less experienced developers. Major projects include:
- Implement an EPP-06/04 server allowing customers to create,
modify, and delete domain names using an IETF standard protocol.
- Enhance the Whois service to allow the inclusion of additional
fields on a TLD-by-TLD basis.
- Optimize the performance of the database as well as improve
updates between the database and individual applications.
- Create registrar toolkits that provide clients with sample
code, software libraries, and the necessary documentation to effectively
connect to the registry’s EPP interface.
|Cap Gemini Ernst
Participated in TeleManagement Forum's NE3IS (NGOSS for Enabling
End-to-End IP Services) project to design and implement a framework
that allows IP service Providers to provide managed IP services.
- Designed and implemented the Interaction Manager and the
Environment Monitor to provide the Registration Services and Trading
Services, such as Component Plug/Unplug, Component Activate/Inactivate,
- Participated in an ADC's OSS integration project to provide
order fulfillment and service provisioning for DSL service providers.
- Designed and developed an LSR (Local Service Request) server
for generating Loop Service LSR orders that comply the business
rules for BellAtlantic, BellSouth and GTE.
- Designed and implemented a GUI utility allows the user to
manipulate LSR related information.
- Analyzed the data model of the Product & Service Catalog
subsystem and IP Management subsystem, implemented utilities for
migrating/converting data from Microsoft SQL Server & Microsoft
Access databases into Oracle databases.
Participated in AT&T BLISS (Business Local Integrated Support
System) project to implement an OSS for local service ordering and
- Impact analysis and high-level design for new requirements,
detail design review, code review, and test plan review, investigate
and resolve production issues.
- Designed and implemented Automatic Test Case Generator utilities
for populating test cases into the database, extracting results
from the database, and backup orders/results into text files.
|Moxa Tech USA
New York, NY
| 1996 - 1999
Co-founder, Director of Customer Support
Established a branch office in New York, responsible for business
operations and customer support.
- Setup Internet servers for the company to provide FTP, HTTP,
DNS, POP3 and SMTP services.
- Designed/developed a RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In
User Service) server for UNIX/Linux systems. This server worked
with Remote Access Servers or another proxy RADIUS server for
authenticating dial-up access.
Lead Software Engineer
Participated in the Multimedia Broadcast System project to implement
a system for broadcasting multimedia publications via satellites.
- Designed Receiver Authentication Protocol for delivering
authentication codes and encryption keys to authorized receivers.
- Designed/implemented a Multimedia Viewer for launching associated
applications to display/play multimedia files.
- Designed/implemented a Broadcast Scheduler for automatic
- Designed/implemented API/device driver for Moxa Tech's synchronous
| 1987 - 1990
Co-founder and Director of Software Development
Participated in a government-sponsored project, lead by the Institute
for Information Industry, to design/develop a Chinese UNIX Workstation
that support wide-character input and output.
- Modified X-Server to support various SVGA boards for high-resolution
- Modified console device driver for displaying Chinese characters.
- Designed/implemented a front-end Chinese Input/Output Module.
- Participated in product design, lead software development.
- Designed/developed a diskless workstation for processing/displaying
real-time stock transactions from Taiwan Stock Exchange Center.
- Designed/developed XENIX/UNIX device driver and firmware
for an asynchronous multiplexer for expanding the number of serial
ports on an IBM PC.
- Designed/developed a MS DOS device driver for a Group III
fax board for supporting CCITT Recommendation T.4, T.30 protocols.
| 1986 - 1987
- Designed hardware devices for software protection. These
devices connected to the keyboard, serial ports, or parallel ports,
each device has a non-volatile memory for storing information
of the protected software.
- Designed/developed a utility to allow the software vendor
to manipulate the data in the devices.
- Designed/developed a utility, similar to virus, to wrap the
protected software such that the new executable codes can verify
the authorization information stored in the device when they are
- Designed/developed an Intelligent Uninterrupted Power System.
This system worked with UPS to shutdown computers before the UPS
run out of power when power failure occurred. The UPS has an interface
connected to a serial port of an IBM PC; it will send a signal
to the PC when power failed.