Program Director, Emerging Technologies (Research
- Accelerate the transfer of novel technologies from
Research to the marketplace
Program Director, Media Platforms (Internet
- Responsible for technical strategy of IBM’s
Internet media related products and services.
- Architected the Digital Media Framework, a blueprint
for IBM’s solutions incorporating rich media into e-business
Manager, Multimedia Applications (Research Division)
- Managed the development of multimedia products:
- Full-Motion Video (MPEG) for IBM’s Aptiva line
- PowerPC Notebook videoconferencing (the fist ever commercially
preloaded videoconferencing function).
- MPEG, H.263 and supporting multimedia software for
the Ultimedia Services product on AIX for RS/6000 and PowerPC
Manager, Signal Processing and Coding (Research
- Developed novel coding and compression algorithms
for images, video, and multi-spectral satellite image-data.
- Designed algorithms for the JPEG software in IBM’s
- Managed the production of browse facility for NASA’s
Earth Observation System’s multi-spectral image data sets.
Research Staff Member, Mathematical Sciences
- Researched and wrote patents and publications in the
areas of theory and application of transform algorithms in signal
processing, algebraic complexity theory, coded modulation techniques,
magnetic resonance imaging, range-Doppler radar, fast algorithms
for polynomial root finding, and theory of computation.